The average income for a Honduran adult who has graduated high school is less than $4 per week. A post-high school education raises this average to $20 per day. FIVE TIMES THE INCOME! The Legacy Vocational Training Center is being built to give Honduran people more options beyond college (which is unattainable for most) after high school to help end poverty – they will offer:
- Building Trades, like welding, masonry, plumbing and electrical;
- Restaurant Trades like speciality cooking and baking;
- Food Security Training such as small scale reproducable farming techniques;
- Clothing Making & Repair;
- Health Care and First Aid response
Every dollar raised will be matched up to $50,000. This building project is already in progress; but is far from done. $10,000 will become $20,000 once matched – you will give the entire site Solar Power so that they don’t have to depend on electricty (which most areas don’t have) to keep this facility up and running to train 1,000 people per year. Solar Power will also save water, save money and create jobs!